The Lawton Business Women’s scholarship encourages graduating high school females from Comanche County high schools to pursue an undergraduate degree at Cameron University or Great Plains Technology Center (Lawton Campus).
Every year, LBW Scholarships have enabled recipients to
Achieve Their Goals!
- Applicants must be a graduating high school senior living in Comanche county. (To include accredited homeschool programs)
- Applicant must be a female
- Applicant must have an unweighted GPA greater than or equal to 2.5
- Applicants must plan to attend Cameron University or Great Plains Technology Center in Lawton, OK
The categories below will receive
- Academic Performance
- Participation in High School Clubs
- Participation in Extracurricular Activities
- Community Service
- Financial Need
benefits of being a lawton business woman
lawton business women
- $1,000 (full time) – Applicants are eligible to receive $1,000 per semester when enrolled full time, carrying a minimum of 12 hours
- $400 (part time) – Applicants are eligible to receive $400 per semester when enrolled part-time, carrying a minimum of 6 hours.
The Lawton Business Women scholarship is renewable as long as eligibility criteria is met. To maintain status as a scholarship student, awardees must maintain a 2.5 cumulative grade point average or higher during the term of the scholarship. To be considered for additional years of scholarship funding recipients will be required to submit at the end of each semester:
- Up-to-date official transcript to verify (1) hours completed and (2) cumulative grade point requirements.
- Provide classes/hours enrolled in for the next semester *NOTE: NO ONE STUDENT MAY RECEIVE THE SCHOLARSHIP MORE THAN 4 (FOUR) YEARS.
- Completed Student Information Form provided by LBW Scholarship Chairman
- Student will be required to attend 1 Lawton Business Women General Meeting per semester (see Scholarship Chairman for date) Should any of the previous requirements not be met – funding will be withdrawn.